"The time is now to fundamentally evolve the way program-based decisions are made. Returning to "normal" is not an option. By quickly and efficiently evolving to PBBi, using program level data and insights as your guide, you can reprogram your organization to achieve foundational results, outcomes, and thrive!"
The challenges facing municipal finances is simply too massive for a quick-fix solution. Nor will significant across-the-board cuts be of value (and/or likely tolerated) by citizens and the community.
With all forms of local government facing unprecedented fiscal pressure (cities, counties, school districts, transit agencies, etc.), the time is now to address short-term crisis while simultaneously planning for a long-term rebound strategy (and ultimately flourishing).
Local government needs data on every program they provide, to guide the best choices for service-level changes and savings options – and we need this data as soon as possible, to plan for decisions that we’ll have to make within the next 6-8 months.
We’re going to need to have programmatic data to base decisions on – knowledge of every program offered, the cost of providing the program, level of service, cost recovery, degree of mandate in providing the program, opportunity to partner, etc.
Program Budgeting or "Program Based Business Intelligence (PBBi)" is the foundational data set for data-driven decision-making through priority based budgeting.
Webinar: PBBi Cohort - The Evolution of the Implementation
Why: Join like-minded organizations seeking to efficiently
develop and apply program-based data to budget decisions
Registration has expired. Please see webinar video recording below!
Rapid PBBI Cohort - Accelerated Implementation
In order to facilitate the most efficient training possible, at the most cost-efficient price, we have developed the PBBi Cohort training platform. The ultimate goal is to deliver extensive program-level data you can immediately apply to gather insights for the future of each program that will drive your budget decisions!
The Rapid PBBi Cohort accelerated implementation training is a breakthrough for two main reasons:
Rapid implementation - you can develop and apply program level data quickly, as quickly as 1-2 weeks to 1-2 months (timeline is up to your organization)
Maximum flexibility - classes are held on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of staff who have so many competing demands. Staff can drop in and choose the class that works best for their schedule
Actionable Data Development - Quickly develop program-level data, and rapidly apply data and identify program insights and opportunities at every level
Program Based Business Intelligence (PBBi) is the foundational data set for data-driven decision-making. PBBi builds on and makes use of your line-item data to create more actionable insights at the program level.
PBBi unlocks insights pertaining to program efficiency, service levels, and cost recovery opportunities, and that’s why it’s a Best Practice. PBBi date brings you actionable business intelligence through:
• Program Inventory – Translate line-items to programs and establish a master program inventory
• Program Costing – Assign personnel and non-personnel costs (including FTE) to each program to establish fully-loaded cost of program delivery
• Scoring/Evaluation – Assess and identify “impact on desired program outcomes”
• Program Data & Insights – Establish Basic Program Attributes for each program including level of mandate, opportunity for partnership, demand for service, cost recovery, etc.
• Blueprint for Action – Assess each program through the PBB Blueprint to determine future-focused direction for each program (reduce funding, decrease service levels, provide through a partnership, increase funding, etc.)
• Applying Data – Take action and execute program recommendations; repurpose funding for programs that deliver proven results and maximum impact
The time is now to fundamentally evolve decision making. Returning to "normal" is not an option. By quickly and efficiently evolving to PBBi, using program level data and insights as your guide, you can reprogram your organization to achieve foundational results, outcomes, and thrive!