Data Driven Equity and Climate Budgeting
Register by May 9, 2022
The budget is one of the most powerful tools for influencing change. If you want to know what a government’s priorities are, look at how it spends its money.
Government budgets are where decisions about what’s important gets funded. It is the logical place to begin when building a strategy for tackling society’s biggest issues, from climate change and homelessness to equity and sustainability.
Sign up for this free email boot camp to learn how to develop and apply a Priority Based Budgeting framework to help local governments make the most of their resources AND make good on their promises. This methodology enables governments to apply Priority Based Budgeting for climate and equity focused data-driven decision making.
- Six weekly email lessons that will take 30 minutes or less to complete from 10 May - 14 June
- Articles and videos with insights from seasoned practitioners
- Practical exercises to help consolidate your learning
- Lesson 1: Introduction to data-driven equity and climate budgeting
- Lesson 2: Developing a programme inventory
- Lesson 3: Allocating programme costs
- Lesson 4: Creating and applying a programme scoring matrix
- Lesson 5: How to align resources to equity and climate goals
- Lesson 6: Utilising a data-driven decision making and budgeting framework
Who should join:
This boot camp is for anyone working on climate and equity, including:
- Top appointed officials
- Budget and Finance departments
- Climate, Equity, and Resilience departments
- Performance, Innovation and Strategy departments
- Department staff, managers and directors
ResourceX, CEO & Co-founder
Chris has been invested in solving the problems associated with resource scarcity in local government for over a decade. Through ResourceX, his team provides the software solution for Priority Based Budgeting (PBB) using data and evidence to transparently and exponentially improve results for citizens and the community. PBB is now practiced and applied by over 250 organizations across North America.
ResourceX believes in the purpose of government and its potential to lead the charge in tackling some of the world’s most significant challenges. Empowering the budget increases local government's ability to tackle massive societal challenges, from climate change and homelessness to equity and sustainability, through program identification and resource reallocation. As a thought leader and budget software innovator, we can support local governments in the vital work they do.
Program Data Just Got More Distinguished...
Learn more about updated GFOA Distinguished Budget Award Eligibility Criteria
GFOA is proud to announce updates to the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award program for budgets beginning on or after 1/1/2021. For more information about program changes or to view updated forms, click here.
Some important changes include:
- Clearly presented departmental program descriptions
- A narrative description of the assigned services, functions, programs and activities of organizational units should be included. Major priorities within each organizational unit should also be addressed.
- Clear linkage between identified programs and goals and objectives
- This criterion requires that departmental/program goals and objectives be described. The relationship of departmental/program goals to the strategic goals of the entity should be apparent.