2022 ResourceX Impact Report
How Local Governments Effectively Do More with Less
Discover How Local Governments are Using Priority-Based Budgeting to Drive Better Decision Making
Every day, local governments must make and explain hard budgetary choices that impact their communities.
Traditional line-item budgeting that delivers “across-the-board” adjustments often unintentionally sabotages community priorities.
By contrast, priority-based budgeting (PBB) ensures that resources are directed where they’ll have the greatest impact on achieving community outcomes.
The PBB movement is blazing a trail for communities to pursue best practices for program budgeting as recommended by GFOA and ICMA.
Each year, the ResourceX Annual Impact Report celebrates the priority-based budgeting community. The report is an opportunity to share the invaluable programmatic data that PBB generates.
Key insights from the 2022 impact report insights reveal:
- Four key questions to transform the government budgeting process.
- Two solutions every government must choose between to solve a lack of budget resources.
- The critical shortfalls of line-item budgeting that jeopardize community initiatives.
- Tons of diagrams, tables, and charts illustrating the power of PBB.
- Thirteen 2022 Mastery Award Winners—local governments blazing the path to budgetary excellence.
- Five powerful case studies that showcase how local governments are employing PBB to drive better community outcomes.
- And much more!
Claim your copy!
“The translation of a budget from this line-item budget to something that can actually be used to make rational decisions about the limited resources the city has is essential."
—James Wagner, Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Tulsa, OK