Work With Us
Who We Are:
Our mission is to enable the journey toward a better future by equipping local governments with innovative financial solutions to optimize their organization’s resources. ResourceX aims to empower government actors to tackle society’s biggest challenges unencumbered by resource scarcity. Our financial budgeting software enables local governments to prioritize equity, sustainability, and resiliency within their budgets.
ResourceX is a rapidly growing venture-capital funded company. We have worked with over 300 local government organizations (cities, counties, special districts, school districts, etc.) across North America. Use of our software is recognized as a leading practice by the International City/County Management Association and the Government Finance Officers Association.
The ResourceX team is full of individuals with a shared commitment to helping local governments resolve society’s biggest challenges. Our internal values are simple:
- We want to have a positive impact on society through our products
- We want to measure success in our ability to support local governments’ pursuits of their most important priorities and issues
- We want to have fun along the way
Priority Based Budgeting (PBB) is a common sense, data-driven, strategic alternative to incremental budgeting. The philosophy of PBB is that resources should be allocated according to how effectively a program or service achieves the goals and outcomes that are of the most significant value to the community.
PBB provides organizations the opportunity to learn and communicate what they do, understand the true costs of the services provided, identify the future of all programs, and position the organization to be strategic in funding current and future programs. All are built upon a program-level data platform.
ResourceX supports organizations through their implementation of Priority-Based Budgeting. To support PBB, ResourceX has developed a scalable and replicable approach to training and support for the clients we serve. Through a Data > Insights > Action approach, the Customer Success Team is the driving force for customer success.
ResourceX Customer Success Manager
Posted September 1
Reports to: Director of Customer Success
Estimated Start Date: Mid September
Our customers are the driving-force behind everything we do. The Customer Success Team are trusted advisors for our local government customers - leading cities and towns across North America to implement and maximize value from our products. We are passionate about affecting change at the local level and comfortable interacting with Mayors, City Managers, Budget Directors, and other local government actors.
We serve as our customer’s internal advocate and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Success, and Engineering to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in all we do. We are a small and agile team, and you will have a direct role in defining what Customer Success looks like at ResourceX.
- Manage a portfolio of local government customers as they move through all phases of the customer lifecycle
- Perform initial training and onboarding, achieving effective multi-departmental product implementations
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to ensure that customer feedback is captured and software releases and updates are communicated
- Become a product expert, consulting customers on best practices to realize full product value and ensure solutions are successfully adopted and optimized
- Conduct regular customer meetings to establish and execute on success strategies, identify key initiatives, and align ResourceX to meet customer priorities and goals
- Monitor and report on key customer metrics
- Partner with Sales to manage renewals cycles and upsell opportunities
- Bring best practices and enthusiasm for scaling customer success initiatives, improving processes, and delighting our customers
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a customer-facing role, preferably within a SaaS company, including customer success, product management, account management, or strategic consulting
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment and can quickly adjust priorities as needed
- Background in public policy, public finance, and local government preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excitement to learn new technology products and apply them to solve public sector challenges
- Enjoy building new processes from the ground up and contributing innovative ideas
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week. This position will be based remotely and requires some flexibility to support clients across multiple time zones. Some travel may be required.
Salary range: $75k-85k plus benefits.
ResourceX is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages people from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.