View full agenda in issuu or scroll down for more information.
A Workshop Series to Learn and Participate
in the Priority Based Budgeting Movement
The ResourceXperience is a series of free webinars and paid workshops to get first-hand experience in the Priority Based Budgeting movement. The Xperience kicks off with a two-day workshop focusing on the overall implementation experience and is supplemented by monthly free webinars focusing on specific aspects of data creation and application.
Preparing for Priority Based Budgeting
This two-day experience consists of four 90 minute sessions focusing on each phase of Priority Based Budgeting implementation:
Benefiting from the Workshop
- Implementation Timeline: We'll explore the phases of data creation and application and walk you through the design of your own implementation timeline over a phased-approach or a full implementation.
- Project Charter: Eric Keck, a former PBB implementer as City Manager in two PBB cities and now VP of Customer Success at ResourceX, leads a discussion of what it takes to manage project success in your implementation. He covers what barriers to identify and work through, who to include in your guiding coalition team, how to communicate key messages about PBB to staff and Council, and how to package this plan in a project charter.
- Plan to Take Action on the Data: With a "begin with the end in mind" approach, we fast-forward to imagine the moment you're done "implementing PBB" and you have the data, so that we can help you envision your goals for how you want the organization to use the data you create. Will you seek reallocation opportunities, are you interested in finding partnership opportunities locally, will you set expectations for program reviews designed around the PBB Blue Print, etc?
- Hands-on Practice in the Tools, and Data Upload: On a more practical level, we'll lead you through some hands-on exercises to actually practice creating a program inventory, practice cost allocation and revenue allocation, score programs, review and analyze data, and reallocate resources using the Blue Print framework. You can even bring your own data to load, if it's your intent to partner with us.
Joining the Workshop
We encourage the participation of your team through affordable pricing and access to the tools. The pricing structure is as follows:
Class attendance: $499/organization
- This registration provides access to the workshop for your entire team.
- Includes 1 OnlinePBB login to participate in hands-on activities.
- Logins are user specific and will allow for one person to participate in the tools. Participation in the tools is not required to benefit from the workshop.
- Course material and presentations will be shared with all who register to attend.
Additional OnlinePBB logins: $99/each
- Each additional login will obtain a user ID and will be able to interact in the tools during the presentation and hands-on activities.
Priority Based Budgeting
Priority Based Budgeting (PBB) is a data creation methodology and software (OnlinePBB) that enables communication of the resources needed to provide a service and its alignment to priorities. The program data created empowers data-driven decision making through accessibility and transparency.
*** PBB is a recognized best practice with ICMA, GFOA and NLC
Chris Fabian, Co-Founder and CEO
Chris Fabian brought his experience and expertise from the Center for Priority Based Budgeting to ResourceX when he co-founded the company in 2015. Chris has implemented PBB in over 250 organizations in North America and is a leader in local government innovation.
Eric Keck, VP of Customer Success
Eric Keck is a former City Manager and two-time implementer of Priority Based Budgeting. He now guides organizations through successful implementations with expertise in leadership and change management.